Build and crack safes using the power of physics and take your team to Israel for the finals!
The International Physics Tournament is an international project-based competition in which students in team design and build a safe that operates with physics principles. The final round, hosted by the Weizmann Institute in Israel, brings together international teams to attempt to crack each other’s safes. With the generous support of the Hungarian Society of the Friends of the Weizmann Institute, the Milestone Institute will delegate a Hungarian team for the first time in the 2019/2020 competition. Students work in teams of 3 to 5, under the guidance of a local tutor and physicist from the Weizmann Institute.
REGISTER HERE BY 10th NOVEMBER
What are we looking for?
- Grade 10, 11 and 12 students
- Genuine interest in modelling and understanding the world through physics
- Solution-oriented, practical mindset combined with a strong conceptual understanding of physics
- Firm grasp of the topics listed in the curriculum of the competition
- Prior results in physics competition are an advantage, but not a must
- Registration deadline: 10th November, 2019, 23:59
- Fill out the application form and provide referee details HERE.
- Application deadline: 20th November, 2019, 23:59
- Application Essay – download the instructions HERE.
- Reference to be completed by referee
- Team lineup confirmed: 22nd November 2019
- The final team of 5 students will be selected. After this point, their Timeline will join that of the international competition.
- Final safe concept by 17th January 2020
- Building the safe by 21st February 2020
- International Tournament Week 22nd-26th March 2020